November 4, 2015
Obesity problems are rising at an alarming rate in modern days. Most people are trying their level best to control weight gain in various ways like dieting, exercises and other prescribed methods.
But the fact is that the causes of obesity must be ascertained before treatment because the increase in weight is due to many causes and not simply to excess eating or laziness.
What are the main causes that lead to obesity?
According to doctors and health specialists obesity is caused when there is lack of balance in the intake of calories and the required amount and also when it is not burned out to generate energy.
The other causes that lead to obesity have been found to be related to:
- Genetics: Some are fat and overweight because their parents are obese.
- Overeating is another cause of weight gain especially the intake of fast foods and simple carbohydrates that are rich in saturated fats.
- Slow metabolism rate also causes obesity in many individuals.
- Lack of physical activities cause weight gain especially in those persons who are into desk work. Regular exercises is a must for such people.
- Certain medications are also responsible for obesity namely the anti-depressant pills, etc.
Another important internal problem that causes obesity is hormonal causes. In most cases, we assume that excess of sugar intake or lack of exercises or may be psychological factors are the root causes of excess weight and overlook the hormonal aspects of the body.
Hormonal causes of obesity
There are certain hormones in the body that cause obesity. They are namely:
- Leptin, sex hormones and growth hormones are responsible for metabolism, appetite and distribution of fat in the body according to requirements. When the levels of these hormones are disturbed, metabolism rate is slow and proper functioning of the body is hampered leading to accumulation of fat.
- Insulin is important for distribution of carbohydrates and metabolism of fat. When this important hormone signals are lost and the tissues cannot control the glucose levels, fat accumulates especially around the mid-section of the body and the person suffers from Diabetes.
- Sex hormones are responsible for distributing body fat in humans. Post menopausal women often gain weight due to the disturbance of these hormones like oestrogens and androgens.
- Growth hormones also cause obesity in those people who have a lower rate than others of normal weight.
Hence it is important to determine the causes of obesity and then take necessary measures to burn excess weight and prevent weight gain.
October 3, 2015
Obesity is something that’s killing more and more people around the world. It doesn’t have to be this way. It can be a thing of the past. Let’s face it. Being overweight isn’t good for anyone. It’s only going to cause you long term health problems. This is why it’s important that you work on losing weight today. You’re not going to want to live the same lifestyle that you have been. The reason for that isn’t just yourself. It’s also for your family. You want to be healthy for them. The only way to do that is by losing weight.
The very first thing you need to do is get up off the couch. People think that to lose weight they need a membership to an expensive gym. That’s not the truth. The best exercise is walking. It doesn’t cost one single red cent to put one foot in front of the other. Get out there and walk at least a half hour per day. Don’t stop at just a half hour. You can walk for an hour or two. Bring your kids along too. They’ll benefit from the exercise. It’ll also help you improve your bond with them. This alone makes it all worthwhile.
Weight Loss Products
Then there are prescription drugs. You’re going to want to think twice about this method of weight loss. As prescription drugs can have side effects. Make sure that you talk to your doctor about all the possible side effects. A good doctor will be upfront with you. They’ll let you know what the side effects are and if the medication is right for you. These can be strong and possibly habit forming drugs. This is why great consideration must be taken before starting any prescription weight loss medication.
There are an ever increasing amount of nonprescription weight loss drugs. These are all natural weight loss medications that don’t require a prescription from a doctor. These can be an effective means for weight loss. All without the harsh side effects of prescription medication. You should make sure to read the labels carefully even when taking natural medications. It’s even a good idea to talk to your doctor before taking them. As some all natural remedies can interact with prescription drugs.
The last thing we’re going to talk about is weight loss surgery. There are several surgical procedures that can be done to help you lose weight. This should be your very last resort. As surgery poses many risks and even death. It’s for this reason that surgery should only be an option for those that are morbidly obese. The risk isn’t worth the reward for the average person that’s just slightly overweight. It’s only for those people who are at least several hundred pounds overweight. Simply put, this is only an option for those who lives are in danger from their obesity.
It should be noted that weight loss isn’t impossible. Even though it can certainly feel like it is. Millions of people around the globe lose weight each and every year. It takes dedication and effort. Find the strength and will to do it from those who you love the most. Never forget they want you around for as long as possible. They only way that’s going to happen is if you lose the weight. Change your life today and never look back. Lose the weight for yourself and those that love you. It’s the best decision you’ll ever make.
June 15, 2014
One of the greatest benefits of losing weight is gaining a higher level of energy. When you lose weight, the body does not have to work as hard to maintain basic functions, freeing up that energy for other activities. There are a few factors to consider when losing weight to gain energy.
The metabolic rate governs the speed at which the body breaks down food, absorbs nutrients and eliminates waste. This plays a key role in weight loss and has a lot to do with daily natural energy levels. In order to keep a healthy metabolic rate, the digestive system, the nervous system and the circulatory system must be healthy and strong.
April 22, 2014
Detoxification is a natural, automatic process that occurs in the body 24 hours a day. You can support your body’s ability to detoxify through positive lifestyle choices, such as enhanced nutrition, limiting toxic exposures, exercise, and stress reduction.
Detoxification pills: do they work? Yes. According to FDA, detoxification pills help prevent the build up of toxins and also help break down the body’s current toxic waste. Cleansing the body of toxins can help cells to renew more quickly enabling the body to function more productively – without side effects of detox diets. Detoxification pills can improve overall health!
March 14, 2014
Today many people are looking for ways to lose weight, it isn’t easy but there are ways to achieve your goals. First thing that you need to do is get your body moving!
By exercising you burn calories which shed pounds. You do not need to be an athlete to exercise; you just need to start by putting one foot in front of the other. Walking is a great way to start exercising and once you feel comfortable then you can add weights.
- Drink plenty of water since sometimes you can confuse hunger with thirst.
- Keep enjoying your favorite foods, but in moderation. If you make a food off limits you can end up overeating when your craving becomes too great
- Eat protein at every meal to keep you fuller longer.
- Eat several mini meals a day and on smaller plates to keep portion sizes under control. Eating every few hours will keep you satisfied and prevent overeating.
The third way to help you lose weight is to use weight loss pills. Weight loss supplements and diet pills work in a variety of ways. While some products focus on curbing the appetite, others help in preventing fat and carbs to be absorbed into the body. Why is it so important to block carbs and fat?