July 21, 2013
Should I get breast implants? Are there alternatives? Will they need to be replaced?
And if you decide to get implants, there are even more questions. Saline or silicone? What style? How much monitoring is needed?
Researching breast implants can be overwhelming and confusing. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has online tools available to help women sort through the information and provides questions to consider before making the decision.
FDA has approved implants for increasing breast size in women, for reconstruction after breast cancer surgery or trauma, and to correct developmental defects. Implants are also approved to correct or improve the result of a previous surgery.
A number of studies have reported that a majority of breast augmentation and reconstruction patients are satisfied with the results of their surgery.
FDA has approved two types of breast implants for sale in the U.S.: saline (salt water solution)-filled and silicone gel-filled. Both have a silicone outer shell and vary in size, shell thickness and shape.
More Risks of Breast Implants
Silicone implants sold in the U.S. are made with medical-grade silicone. These implants undergo extensive testing to establish reasonable assurance of safety and effectiveness. Nonetheless, there are risks associated with all breast implants, including:
- additional surgeries
- capsular contracture—scar tissue that squeezes the implant
- breast pain
- rupture (tears or holes in the shell) with deflation of saline-filled implants
- silent (without symptoms) rupture of silicone gel-filled implants
FDA experts suggest five things women should know about breast implants.
1. Breast implants are not lifetime devices. The longer a woman has them, the greater the chances that she will develop complications, some of which will require more surgery. The patient can also request additional surgeries to modify the aesthetic outcome, such as size or shape.
“The life of these devices varies according to the individual,” says Gretchen Burns, a nurse consultant at FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH). “All women with implants will face additional surgeries—no one can tell them when.” While a few women have kept their original implants for 20-30 years, “that is not the common experience.”
2. Research products. Review the patient labeling. FDA advises that women look at the Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data (SSED) for each implant to learn about their characteristics and the fillers used. SSEDs have been produced for all approved saline and silicone gel-filled breast implants. These summaries provide information on the indications for use, risks, warnings, precautions, and studies associated with FDA approval of the device. Look at the frequency of serious complications found in the SSED. The most serious are “those that lead to further surgeries, such as ruptures or capsular contracture,” says Tajanay Ki, a biomedical engineer in CDRH.
FDA advises health care providers to give women the full labeling—all of the patient information from the manufacturer—for an implant. Ask your surgeon for the most recent version of the labeling. You should have at least 1-2 weeks to review the information before making a decision, but with some reconstruction or revision surgery cases, it may be advisable to perform surgery sooner.
3. Communicate with the surgeon. Surgeons must evaluate the shape, size, surface texture and placement of the implant and the incision site for each woman. Ask the surgeon questions about his or her professional experience, the surgical procedure, and the ways the implant might affect an individual’s life.
Also, tell the surgeon about previous surgeries and your body’s response—for example, whether surgeries resulted in excessive scar tissue—and discuss your expectations. This helps the surgeon make operative decisions that achieve the desired appearance (i.e., incision location and size, implant size and placement). Many women undergo reoperation to change implant size. To achieve optimal results after the first procedure, careful planning and reasonable expectations are necessary.
4. Learn about long-term risks. Some women with breast implants have experienced connective tissue diseases, lactation difficulties or reproductive problems. However, current evidence does not support an association between breast implants and these conditions. FDA has identified a possible association between breast implants and the development of anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL), a rare type of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Women who have breast implants may have a very small but increased risk of developing ALCL in the fluid or scar tissue surrounding the implant. Like other lymphomas, ALCL is a cancer of the immune system and not of breast tissue.
5. Monitoring is crucial. FDA recommends that women with breast implants:
- promptly report any unusual signs or symptoms to their health care providers, and
- report any serious side effects to MedWatch, FDA’s safety information and adverse event reporting program.
Furthermore, women with silicone implants should get MRI screenings to detect silent ruptures three years after their surgery and every two years after that. Insurance may not cover these screenings.
Burns recommends that women with breast implants continue to perform self-examinations and get mammograms to look for early signs of cancer. “Just because you have implants doesn’t mean you can ignore other breast health recommendations,” she says.
April 5, 2013
Plastic surgery is often necessary for women who lost much fat and who want to improve their appearance. Major fat loss often results in the drastic change of the bust size, which is seen in the clothing, making women feel uncomfortable.
When women are young, their bust consist mainly of the glandular (firm) issues, which are replaced by looser fatty tissues with the age. This is a normal process, and it is also typical in case of losing much fat. It concerns not only women, but men as well.
Maintaining Bust Shape
Fast fat reduction is without doubt one of the key reasons for lowered skin firmness, and the bust tissue is particularly susceptible to those changes. Bust shape surgery is a method that helps to strip the extra, loose bust skin. Due to this procedure, the shape of the nipple and of the bust tissue becomes more youthful and “uplifted”. Moreover, bust look and feel more supple just like before the fat loss.
The operation is performed with consideration for a client’s desires and purposes. It determines the individual character of the operation: the skin amount which is necessary to remove and the type of removal are decided individually. In most cases the patients need some skin removal around the nipples and the maintaining bust shape.
Occasionally, it is even possible to remove skin only in one area, which is preferable because it results in fewer scars. Though it is hardly the case of people with a really big fat loss as their skin laxity needs more work to be done. Most people have no discomfort during this operation, and can get back to work in week or so, and may carry on with their normal routines 3 weeks later.
Maintaining Bust Size
In most cases both the bust skin and tissue have been affected by the fat loss. In reality, the bust tissue that is usually soft and healthy becomes loose. Bust size enlargement solves this problem and restores the lost area by the placement of a bust size implant.
There are a lot of choices for this procedure. The surgery is carried out through some small incisions. They are located around the areola, along the bust fold and sometimes in the underarm. The location of an implant depends on how much fat a patient has lost. For those who have lost a lot of fat it is placed under the muscle of a bust, and for those who have lost not so much the implant is placed under the tissue. A bust size augmentation is an outpatient procedure. It can be done with either local or central anesthesia. Surgeons usually perform this operation during one or two hours. To lessen postoperative pain oral medicines are usually prescribed. As we have already mentioned, patients can start working in a week or so, as a rule.
Bust Size Implants
Moral police and medical professionals often frown upon bust size implants because these people know about some real risks in breast health associated with the implants. There are a lot of discussions about implants with a silicone gel inside, that’s why most surgeons use implants charged with a saline solution.
To find the best solution for the problems, which you have after fat losing, visit the fat and diet forums where such problems are discussed. There you will find different opinions, advice and recommendations on natural improvement of your bust size and attractiveness.
For instance, most women there can suggest bust enlargement hormones or bust enhancing cream which you can use to get the “abundant”, solid, catchy bust you had prior to your fat loss plan – with no dangerous complications of bust implant surgeries.
July 21, 2011
As a rule, many people feel frustrated when they have to come across a great variety of breast enhancement products. It is really difficult when a person can’t find out if the product is natural and painless. At first it’s difficult to compound all advantages and dis advantages, but having a full picture in mind you’ll decide your best product without much efforts.
1. Creams. Creams for breast enhancement often include artificial components, such as synthetic hormones, the usage of which can lead to serious diseases, for example, cancer, or to the heart problems. There is still no evidence of possible long-term side effects. Women should be very careful with creams as consequences are difficult to predict.
2. Hormonal injections. Though this method of breast enhancement may provide some effect it is risky, too. Injections of hormones into the breast tissue can lead to various side effects.
3. Breast Surgery. According to the conducted studies the breast implants can damage the tissue. Besides, it becomes hard to diagnose breast cancer after the breast surgery.
4. Breast Pumps. The pump vacuum suction may result in breasts deformation or even may lead to cancer of the breast. The breast pumping for an extended time frame can be dangerous.
5. Exercises are not effective. Though the method is not expensive but convenient, it brings little results. One should look for more effective breast enhancement methods.
6. Undergarments belong to the expensive methods of breast enhancement, but they can help you only when you wear special corsets and bras. There are other disadvantages of the method as well. Many women feel embarrassed because they think they will disappoint their partner when they take their special undergarments off. Besides, if you fail to choose a suitable form you breasts might look abnormal.
7. Breast pills. Your breasts can be firmed with herbal breast pills which don’t contain any synthetic hormone, colorings, chemicals and preservatives. In addition to this, you breasts will increase in size and become more youthful. Breast pills will also smooth your breasts. Herbal breast enhancement products will not harm your health. As components can get to the blood, it is essential to apply a breast product without chemical constituents. In case you do not pick an organic product, you may be at risk of getting a severe medical problem, like cancer tumor.
Breast pills are free of any harmful ingredients, and contrary to a lot of other means they are free of fragrances and parabens as well. Breast pills provide you with a non-toxic solution that gives you bigger breasts you are so eager to obtain.
Nowadays the market is flooded with different kinds of breast pills, all of which promise a truly magic effect. Of course, it is very difficult to find the suitable and safe breast product without chemical constituents because there a lot of options to choose from. The best way is to look through all the advantages and disadvantages of all the products you can buy. Locate a breast forum with product critiques and testimonials; try to find the listing of negative effects and check out if there are any content consumers that recommend these breast pills.
This approach will allow you not to loose your money on breast enhancement products giving no results. You should rely only on the reviews of breast enhancement products made by those people who say their breasts have become larger and firmer and look better in shape.
When a breast product without chemical constituents has made it easier for lots of women to enhance their breasts size safely and quickly, this product can help you as well. In case you see many unfavorable opinions and forewarning, you need to avoid these breast enhancement pills and try to find something different.
February 11, 2011
After an intensive review of known cases of a rare form of cancer in breast implant recipients, the Food and Drug Administration says women with implants may have a very small, but increased risk of developing anaplastic large cell lymphoma, or ALCL.
FDA scientists reached that conclusion after examining scientific literature that focused on cases of ALCL in 34 women with breast implants, as well as information from agency reports, international regulatory agencies, scientific experts, and breast implant manufacturers.
But with an estimated five to 10 million breast implant recipients worldwide, agency experts say the known ALCL cases are too few to say conclusively that breast implants cause the disease. FDA believes there are about 60 of these ALCL cases worldwide, though that number is difficult to verify because not all of them were chronicled in scientific publications and some reports may have been duplicated.
In an effort to gather more information, FDA and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons are establishing a registry of ALCL patients who have breast implants. FDA scientists hope the registry yields enough information to better understand what the risks for developing ALCL are for women with breast implants.
Although the risk is quite small, FDA wants women to be aware that there have been reports of ALCL occurring around saline and silicone gel-filled breast implants. In the cases reported, ALCL was typically diagnosed years after the implant surgery. In most of these cases, the women were diagnosed after they observed changes in the look or feel of the area surrounding the implant.
Anyway this is another reason to think about All-natural Breast Enhancement Pills instead of risky breast surgery.
January 31, 2011
All-natural breast enhancement pills bring brilliant results and are totally safe. They work quick and are completely safe for health. All-natural breast enhancement pills have no dangerous additives or preservatives. Shoppers can see visible result in 7 days and all-natural breast enhancement provides a real enjoyment to the woman. The breast is perkier and firmer, the size of bust is larger, they are smooth without wrinkles, no stretch marks are seen. The key to such a miracle is in P. mirifica that is the main component of all-natural breast enhancement pills. It is coming from Thailand where it is known under the name “Elixir of Youth”. For centuries this plant was applied to keep milk ducts strong and enlarge breasts. The process of extraction demands much talent and time, as this plant, aside from being rare, blossoms only two times a year. Scientific experiments demonstrate that phyto-estrogen causes huge changing in breast form and skin in just several days. The herb was even mentioned in the news and it was claimed that a lady can have bigger breast in five weeks or less. By choosing breast enhancement pills you will look the way you always dreamed about. One of the most important effects will be your improved self-confidence.
A great number of women turn to plastic breast surgery to make their bust larger. During the breast surgery some amount of silicone gel or other product is usually inserted inside the breasts. There is a significant risk of anesthesia and what is more important, pain will last for a long time of recovery. Women are forced to use chemical medications to relieve the pains and to deal with aching. Consequently the operation with all the outcomes turns out to be an expensive deal and a highly dangerous event. There is a number of other non-natural, equally dangerous and inconvenient means to enlarge breasts, such as hormones and injections, pills, creams and gels. You are recommended to keep away from them.
Once your resolution is for an all-natural breast enhancement, carry out a small investigation on the subject. Unlike implant surgery, all-natural breast enhancement does not produce so quick results. Yet, you will not have any ache or scars. You will not need any recovery time either. You should be completely sure in the formula the supplements contain. Always bear in mind that herbs may trigger hypersensitive reactions. If it is your case, you are recommended to consider some other method. And always consult your health practitioner or an advisor at the pharmacy in case you take any other medications. The next step is to learn about the company which produces the product. Every respected supplier must give you informative precautions and the full list of components. One bonus effect from breast pills comes from Vitamin E they contain. This vitamin helps in moisturizing and stops ageing processes with its antioxidant effects. With larger breasts you will like yourself more, you will feel and look younger. Many women start wearing close fit clothes.