We would like to attract your attention to the skin care herbs that are useful for everyone:
- Dandelion root belongs to the family of Asteraceae or sunflower, and it is very useful thanks to its detoxifying properties in case you have blemishes.
This herb, commonly growing also in the yards, contains a lot of other elements that are useful to health in genera such as choline, bitter compounds, inulin: such minerals as sodium, calcium, sulfur, silicic acid, as well as potassium in high concentrations found in its fresh leaves. In cosmetics it is used to treat and clear up a range of skin eruptions including eczema and acne.
- Burdock is a plant, which can be met in different places of the world. From the earliest times experts used to cure eczema, acne, skin cancer and other skin diseases with the help of its root and leaves. It acts as a natural mild antibiotic and can help in obtaining skin smoothness.
- If you have a chronic skin disease, try yellow dock, a weed with general tonic effects, which has been effectively used for skin conditions since the ancient times.Yellow dock decoctions are useful for such skin problems as contact dermatitis, atopic eczema, skin rashes, acne rosacea and herpes outbreaks.
- Echinacea strengthens the immune system, increases the production of white blood cells and improves the cell walls so that viruses and bacteria have little chance to penetrate the cells. By using this plant one can safeguard himself from inflammation-related skin problems. These kinds of plants formerly were found wild on the flatlands of America and Canada; however they’re currently being farmed in European countries and most of Asia, plus North America.
It is meant for boosting immune system and helping to overcome flue and colds. It should be taken orally. As to the skin disorders, it is useful in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis and bites of some insects. Purple Coneflower has inhibition properties and it inhibits bacteria and pus.
- Red clover is applied to purify the blood as it removes toxins from it. It is highly effective thanks to big concentration of vitamins of B-complex group. Since ancient times in ethnomedicine fresh chopped or mashed red clover flowers have been applied just to skin as a remedy against inflammations, insect bites, for example. Lotions, creams, and ointments with the extract of red clover have been used in treating different skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and others.
- If digested in moderate quantities, licorice can help you to treat skin inflammation and redness. There are poultices with licorice used to treat infectious diseases of the skin and dermatitis. Together with other herbal cleansers and cosmetic products it is used to lighten the skin.
- Why do you think cayenne pepper is so hot? It is spicy feature is revealed thanks to capsaicin. This component can be applied directly to the skin in order to reduce pain and inflammation as it works on sensory nerves. This similar soothing feature can help to eliminate itchiness and irritation caused by skin psoriasis. Cayenne pepper works as a carrier agent that may activate and aid the activity of the some other elements to the skin oil glands and skin pores.
Of course you needn’t take all these herbs and mix them together at home to make your own skin care products and treat your acne at home. But study attentively the composition of those the skin care products, which you want to try. You can find these herbs in some skin treatment aids and they can help you.