August 30, 2012
Birth control pills that contain drospirenone may be associated with a higher risk of blood clots than other progestin-containing pills. FDA bases this conclusion on its review of recent studies on the risk of blood clots in women taking drospirenone-containing birth control pills.
Drospirenone is a synthetic version of the female hormone progesterone, also referred to as a progestin. FDA is adding information about the studies to the labels of drospirenone-containing birth control pills, which include:
- Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol
Risk: The revised drug labels will state that some studies reported as high as a three-fold increase in the risk of blood clots for drospirenone-containing products when compared to products containing levonorgestrel or some other progestins, but other studies found no additional risk of blood clots with drospirenone-containing products.
Recommendation: Women should talk to their health care professional about their risk for blood clots before deciding which birth control method to use.
August 27, 2012
There are two main goals low female libido treatments should help you to achieve. The first is to make your sexual life better and the next is to improve your relationship with the partner. If a woman takes a low female libido treatment, her sexual desire will increase and her typical female libido problems will be solved. Emotional, physical and social problems affect sex life badly. Instead of enjoying sex with their partners women tend to spend the greater part of their evenings for sleep and for having a rest. It means that they completely lose the desire and energy for sex.
Low female libido treatments are also helpful for those having infertility issues. As time goes by, the inability to get pregnant and psychological pressure can create great tension in a couple. As a result, a woman does not have sexual arousal, feels disappointed with her partner and herself, which makes conception even less likely.
Infertility issues may also be attributed to situations of decreased sexual interest, which consequently, because of female’s previous distressing experiences generally make their bodies’ sensual signals to immediately turn off.
Infertility problems can be connected with low libido, entailed by some psychological trauma in the past that affect sexual impulses of the body. When woman is ill she is prone to suffer from lack of sexual desire because the natural response of the body is not strong. Another condition that impairs sexual desire among women is vaginal dryness, which is also a consequence of unusually low testosterone and lack of hormonal changes. With normal level of testosterone and the body hormones women can lubricate successfully on their own during sex.
Weak natural responses may also cause weak orgasms or even the absence of orgasms. It is true that women have more orgasms then men do but they can lost this opportunity more quickly then men.
There are natural herbs that can improve women’s sex lives and do their reproductive systems good. As it has been mentioned in different female libido enhancement forums, low female libido treatments (produced by companies) increase women’s libido and help them to have appetite and energy for sex. The main components of these products are Raspberry leaf extract, Licorice root, black Cohosh root, Damiana leaf, Ginger root, and Valerian. For example, the root of licorice improves the function of a woman’s adrenal glands and hormonal level, and the Damina leaf has been known for its aphrodisiac properties since the ancient time. The roots of Valerian, Ginger and Black cohosh are ingredients of low female libido treatments, too. They relieve stress and tension, they stimulate the sexual desire and they improve the hormonal level.
These products are popular among women for their ability to enhance women’s sexual desire, avoid menstrual cramps, and make vaginal contraction stronger and breasts bigger.
You shouldn’t trouble about safety of these low female libido treatments. The major part of them is absolutely harmless, so women needn’t care about dangerous after-effects. They may take the supplements in without misgivings. Such products can be bought without prescription or recommendation of a specialist.
If the goal of a woman is to conceive there is no guarantee that she will get it with low female libido treatments. They contribute to the process by enhancing stamina and sexual performance. Sexual issues may occur occasionally both with men and women, and there is no avoiding them. But now due to low female libido treatments women’s concerns regarding their libido can be diminishe
August 24, 2012
Male libido problems may be triggered by age, health-related conditions as well as such psychological problems as chronic tiredness and stress. There is a number of specific steps each of which plays an important role in stimulating and maintaining erection. However, the balance between these steps is very delicate and ruining it might lead to male libido problems.
- Nonphysical factors could be the reason for male male libido problems too. They could comprise:
- Psychological problems. These include stress, anxiety and tiredness. Sometimes impotence can be a side effect of more severe problems, such as depression.
- Negative feelings. If sexual partners are not interesting to each other, have little in common, express hostility or resentment towards each other, it is likely to lead to male libido problems.
- Physical reasons for male libido problems have a great amount of cases. Among them are nerve damage as a consequence of long standing sugar diabetes, poor blood supply to the penis as a the result of cardiovascular disorders, hormonal disorders, hormonal problems, endocrine diseases, drinking alcohol, smoking and taking drugs. Actually, male impotence is usually the primary symptoms of an actual medical condition.
In most cases the causes of the physical and nonphysical nature are closely connected, so it’s normally very difficult to say why the problem exists.
Certainly all men want to get straightforward answers to solve their male libido problems. We cannot be satisfied with less! But the only thing you can actually do is to visit your general practitioner, to ask him many questions, to undergo medical tests and then to discover that all goes well with you and your health. What can we do to increase sexual stamina and have mind-blowing orgasms? Are there any faster or cheaper solutions?
This is where these products for male libido improvement come to aid.
First of all, there are vacuum pumps, which can be used for achieving an erection or trying to increase the penis. They are also dangerous and rather ineffective. You will certainly get the desired result with vacuum but you have to make sure that everything is performed correctly as you do not want to make some mistake that will bring to damage of penis.
A method that is safe and effective is using penis devices. By using penis devices you make connective tissue of your organ generate more cells and, thus, increase the length and girth in erect and “relaxed” state as well. Of course, the results won’t be achieved overnight. It is impossible to buy something today and increase the size of the penis in 10 inches tomorrow.
According to the posts in penis extender devices forum, you cannot get the desired results in short time and with no effort of you. You should understand that if you want to get results, you have to spend your time and effort, and you will undoubtedly win the prize.
August 18, 2012
At FDA’s request, U.S. Marshals have seized Other-Sonic Generic Ultrasound Transmission Gel located at Pharmaceutical Innovations Inc. in Newark, N.J., after an FDA analysis found that product samples contained two dangerous bacterial strains: Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Klebsiella oxytoca. The seizure included all lots of the gel manufactured between June 2011 and December 2011. FDA has also notified health care professionals and facilities to stop using this gel manufactured between these dates.
The product is a non-sterile gel used to improve the transmission of ultrasound waves. Ultrasound is an imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce precise images of structures within the body.
Risk: People exposed to the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa on the surface of their skin could develop itchy red skin with raised, weepy bumps (inflammatory dermatitis, also known as eczema). Klebsiella bacteria in the lungs or some other tissues may cause serious infections such as pneumonia, wound infection, or bloodstream infection.
Health care professionals have been advised to identify their patients who have been exposed to the contaminated gel to determine if further evaluation is needed. Be aware that the only ultrasound gel that is sterile is an unopened ultrasound gel container or packet labeled as sterile.
August 14, 2012
We would like to attract your attention to the skin care herbs that are useful for everyone:
- Dandelion root belongs to the family of Asteraceae or sunflower, and it is very useful thanks to its detoxifying properties in case you have blemishes.
This herb, commonly growing also in the yards, contains a lot of other elements that are useful to health in genera such as choline, bitter compounds, inulin: such minerals as sodium, calcium, sulfur, silicic acid, as well as potassium in high concentrations found in its fresh leaves. In cosmetics it is used to treat and clear up a range of skin eruptions including eczema and acne.
- Burdock is a plant, which can be met in different places of the world. From the earliest times experts used to cure eczema, acne, skin cancer and other skin diseases with the help of its root and leaves. It acts as a natural mild antibiotic and can help in obtaining skin smoothness.
- If you have a chronic skin disease, try yellow dock, a weed with general tonic effects, which has been effectively used for skin conditions since the ancient times.Yellow dock decoctions are useful for such skin problems as contact dermatitis, atopic eczema, skin rashes, acne rosacea and herpes outbreaks.
- Echinacea strengthens the immune system, increases the production of white blood cells and improves the cell walls so that viruses and bacteria have little chance to penetrate the cells. By using this plant one can safeguard himself from inflammation-related skin problems. These kinds of plants formerly were found wild on the flatlands of America and Canada; however they’re currently being farmed in European countries and most of Asia, plus North America.
It is meant for boosting immune system and helping to overcome flue and colds. It should be taken orally. As to the skin disorders, it is useful in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis and bites of some insects. Purple Coneflower has inhibition properties and it inhibits bacteria and pus.
- Red clover is applied to purify the blood as it removes toxins from it. It is highly effective thanks to big concentration of vitamins of B-complex group. Since ancient times in ethnomedicine fresh chopped or mashed red clover flowers have been applied just to skin as a remedy against inflammations, insect bites, for example. Lotions, creams, and ointments with the extract of red clover have been used in treating different skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and others.
- If digested in moderate quantities, licorice can help you to treat skin inflammation and redness. There are poultices with licorice used to treat infectious diseases of the skin and dermatitis. Together with other herbal cleansers and cosmetic products it is used to lighten the skin.
- Why do you think cayenne pepper is so hot? It is spicy feature is revealed thanks to capsaicin. This component can be applied directly to the skin in order to reduce pain and inflammation as it works on sensory nerves. This similar soothing feature can help to eliminate itchiness and irritation caused by skin psoriasis. Cayenne pepper works as a carrier agent that may activate and aid the activity of the some other elements to the skin oil glands and skin pores.
Of course you needn’t take all these herbs and mix them together at home to make your own skin care products and treat your acne at home. But study attentively the composition of those the skin care products, which you want to try. You can find these herbs in some skin treatment aids and they can help you.
August 10, 2012
FDA is warning of possible risks for people with diabetes or kidney disease who use blood pressure medicines containing aliskiren in combination with other drugs called angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). ACEIs and ARBs relax blood vessels by blocking the effects of a hormone that causes vessels to narrow.
These drug combinations should not be used in people with diabetes or with moderate to severe kidney disease. The labels for the aliskiren drugs below are being updated based on early data from a clinical trial, Aliskiren Trial in Type 2 Diabetes Using Cardio-Renal Endpoints (ALTITUDE).
- Amturnide (aliskiren hemifumarate, amlodipine besylate, and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Tekturna (aliskiren hemifumarate)
- Tekturna HCT (aliskiren hemifumarate and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Tekamlo (aliskiren hemifumarate and amlodipine besylate)
- Valturna (aliskiren hemifumarate and valsartan). Valturna will not be sold after July 2012.
Risk: People with diabetes who take aliskiren with ARBs or ACEIs are at risk for kidney disease, low blood pressure and higher-than-normal potassium levels. People who already have kidney disease should also avoid aliskiren.
- Do not stop taking aliskiren without talking to your health care professional. Stopping the drug suddenly can cause problems if your high blood pressure is not treated.
- Tell your health care professional if you are taking an ACEI or an ARB. (See a list of ACEI and ARB products in Tables 2 and 3.)
- Tell your health care professional if you have been diagnosed with diabetes or kidney problems.
August 1, 2012
In early March 2012, federal officials learned of infections from Salmonella Bareilly, bacteria that can cause diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps if eaten in contaminated food. Left untreated, the illness can lead to death in high-risk populations, such as infants, older adults, and pregnant women.
Since then, about 250 people have been infected in 24 states and the District of Columbia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The source of this outbreak is no longer a mystery, thanks in part to the efforts of the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) special urgent-response unit—the Incident Management Group (IMG). “The IMG serves as the agency’s focal point for coordinating emergency response activities,” says Ellen Morrison, director of the agency’s Office of Crisis Management.
The IMG operates out of the high-tech Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at FDA headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, and shifts into high gear when an emergency arises. The group’s composition varies according to the type of emergency, which could be an outbreak or a different kind of crisis.
“For the Salmonella outbreak, we assembled more than 30 agency experts in the EOC from offices across the agency to investigate the outbreak and track down its source,” says Mark Russo, director of FDA’s Office of Emergency Operations, a component of the crisis-management office directed by Morrison.
In the end, the prime suspect was a frozen raw yellowfin tuna product, called Nakaochi Scrape, imported from India. This tuna is used to make sushi, and many of the people who became ill reported eating sushi, with spicy tuna a common ingredient.
The road to that conclusion was long and winding.
And the journey actually started with FDA’s Coordinated Outbreak Response and Evaluation Network (CORE). This branch of FDA—on the frontlines of response to outbreaks of foodborne illness—evaluated and monitored the initial reports.
When the size, scope, severity and complexity of an outbreak require more staff and greater coordination, CORE may elevate the response to the IMG level and work from the EOC with colleagues from other parts of the agency and CDC.
Beginning on April 2, 2012, and for the next three weeks, Russo says, FDA experts on such subjects as outbreak investigation coordination, epidemiology, public and environmental health, food safety, seafood, imported products, legal issues, and cartography scrutinized thousands of pages of invoices, shipping records and bills of lading.
“There were probably hundreds of dedicated people from the FDA and other federal, state, and local agencies trying to pinpoint the outbreak’s cause,” Russo says. CDC worked with state and local public health officials to coordinate the epidemiologic aspects of the investigation, analyzing data that includes information on the cases, their distribution, and risk factors.
Meanwhile, local and state health agencies continued to interview people who had become ill. “But you’d be surprised,” Morrison says, “Not everyone has accurate recall when it comes to exactly what they ate on a certain date and where.”
By early April, CDC had identified six clusters of cases around restaurants or grocery stores in five states. Interviews suggested that the common food consumed and likely source of infection was sushi made with raw tuna—and specifically, spicy tuna.
This was just the beginning. “We needed to keep narrowing the focus down,” Morrison explains. “These groceries and restaurants may have used the same supplier or distributor. They may have used the same packager or manufacturer.”
After analyzing reams of data, the IMG selected and mapped four of the clusters of illnesses in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Texas, and Wisconsin as the investigation’s focus. Further analysis verified that all four had received the same imported, frozen raw Nakaochi Scrape tuna product from a single tuna processing facility in India.
With the source identified, FDA quickly alerted consumers and health agencies to the potential dangers of eating the recalled product. FDA provided information on symptoms of illness, at-risk populations, and precautions consumers can take in the future.
The company that imported the tuna from India—Moon Marine USA Corporation of Cupertino, California—voluntarily recalled the product.