June 27, 2011
Federal regulators say some companies are selling products that make unproven claims to treat sexually transmitted diseases—claims that could pose a threat to public health.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says only prescription medicines and diagnostic tools available through a health care professional are effective for STD diagnosis and treatment.
FDA and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) are warning manufacturers and distributors that they could face legal action if the products aren’t removed from the market. The agencies say at least 15 products claim to treat, prevent, or cure STDs and are being sold online and at some retail outlets.
FDA expert Debbie Birnkrant, M.D., says she’s concerned that someone with an STD will waste precious time using a product that doesn’t work, leading to a delay in medical treatment and possible spread of the infection.
“If you aren’t treating your STD with an FDA-approved medication, you’re not just putting your own health at risk—you could be endangering your partner,” she says.
Birnkrant says there are no non-prescription drugs or dietary supplements that can treat, cure, or prevent sexually transmitted disease. Condoms are the only non-prescription product that can prevent STDs by reducing the chance that an infected person will pass on the disease. STDs can only be diagnosed and treated under the supervision of a health care professional.
Some STDs have symptoms that include sores or a discharge, but the majority of infected people have no symptoms at all. Because of this, Birnkrant says people who are sexually active, have had unprotected sex, or have been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease should get medical attention, especially if they have these symptoms:
- burning sensation with urination
- pelvic pain
- discharge from the penis or vagina
There are FDA-approved medications available to treat many sexually transmitted diseases. These products have met federal standards for safety, effectiveness, and quality—and they’re available only by prescription, Birnkrant says.
June 23, 2011
Men now don’t have to sit alone with their problems, as there are some methods to improve male health. Nowadays men can make use of incredible achievements in male health science, which can enhance their potency, number of sperm cells and can make the orgasm stronger. Scientific findings open various ways of coping with issues men face. Sitting on the fence isn’t popular anymore.
Specialists and consultants in men’s health assert that it’s possible to improve male health with the help of special supplements. Such harmful supplements they are absolutely safe. Although many different methods have been examined, dietary supplements are considered to be a safe and handy method. Much attention has recently been paid to enhancement exercises and their usefulness. Nonetheless, supplements are far more effective.are the results of last decades researches, they have all the necessary certificates and that is why unlike
Today you may discover many proposals at the health products market. The products ingredients are created in such manner that they provide the best realization of your dream to improve male health as well. These products will help you experience stronger and longer orgasms, increase sperm production and enhance the look of sperm by making it whiter and healthier. Moreover, it’ll make the desired effect on your ejaculation and contraction strength. You’ll notice nice changes in your life, become more responsive and confident.
Tips to Improve Male Health
- One more very simple way is just daily drinking a lot of water.
- Physical trainings can also help you if they are regular.
- Be more careful to your menu and make choice in favor of nutritional diet instead of unhealthy snacks and processed products.
- If not quit, then at least control your smoking habits. The harm smoking does to semen count and volume as well as libido in general is scientifically proven.
- Alcohol is another habit you will have to control. Try to use it in moderate amounts.
- Be careful with medications. Medicine overdose can be very harmful for male health.
- Don’t underestimate what rest means for you. It is necessary for your health as well as good sleep.
- And one of the most important things is to have an active life. It is the best and the most natural way to keep your hormones at the required level and to be fit.
All the ways to improve male health mentioned above are useful to follow. But the best way is taking any sort of natural supplements from general male health products to special volume pills. Their effect was proved by doctors and more obvious. Thus, if you realize you need to improve male health, just have the courage to make the first step and choose the method that will suit you best.
June 16, 2011
When you attempt to choose the best enhancement technique, which might suit you best, you usually really feel annoyed when you come to know what a huge selection one has today. If you decide to enlarge your penis, enhance stamina and increase sexual drive, you are to choose between pills, patches, surgery, exercises or traction devices.
How can you find the best enhancement technique? You are able to do it in case you study carefully the way they influence the individual and what they finally deliver to the customers. The result will reveal a most shocking difference between the claimed and actual effects of these products on your body.
This product features a wide range of benefits but it doesn’t have some advantages ascribed to it often. They contain natural ingredients but their lengthening impact is almost invisible.
While taking these enhancement pills, you could notice improved sex life, firmness, stamina and better blood flow. However, your penis size stays unchanged. Consider the other improvements ingredients of enhancement pills have to provide:
1. Damiana influences the power of orgasms and contributes to the general enhancement of erection.
2. Tribulus Terrestris makes you and your penis stronger, thus enhancing your sexual drive.
3. Epimedium Leaf Extract – enhances your libido.
4. Red Ginseng – is famous for its aphrodisiac effect. This plant is considered priceless as it may fuel up the body. This can be a nice source of vitality and it refers to sexual power as well.
Enhancement patches, identical to pills, contain the components mentioned above. These constituents get straight into your blood stream with the assistance of a way referred to as transdermal technique.
The origin of Jelqing exercises may be found in the Middle East where males found these enhancement exercises effective. Jelqing consists of 150-250 penis exercises that must be performed over twenty minutes. The exercises are not troublesome and will add up to 3 inches to the size of your penis. This enhancement technique still has a drawback: it solves the issue only for some time. When you stop regular exercises you lose your gain.
Surgery – this method of increasing the size is quite dangerous one, as it is connected to numerous risks. The operation is easy. The surgeon cuts the suspensory ligament, and as a result the penis becomes as much as 2-3 inches longer.
Don’t suppose that it is rather simple and healthy procedure. Penile surgery may cause some problems with erection because penis could lose suspensory ligament support. One more unpleasant thing that may occur is fatty deposits which may be built up under skin; penis will lose its appearance. There can be other rare diseases too.
This method is among the most reliable ones, traction device is used even by orthopaedists who state that the visible results may be achieved as fast as in 7 days of utilizing the traction device.
These devices can enlarge your organ naturally. Moreover, the result will last forever. Traction device will make your penis 30% longer and add girth because it causes the natural reproduction of tissue cells in your penis. Other benefits of this device one could face in 24 weeks are longer orgasms, extra sexual satisfaction, regular erections and longer intercourse.
Our conclusion is the following: if your goal is enhanced sexuality and stamina you can choose pills or patches; the wish to have a bigger penis will come true safely just with traction devices, also known as penis extenders. Created using Medical Type 1 supplies and in strict accordance to CE requirements, this method gives a reliable and permanent result of penis enhancement up to 4 inches, free of any health-related risks.
June 11, 2011
For a medicine to work for you—and not against you—you’ve got to take the right dose.
Many over-the-counter liquid medicines—such as pain relievers, cold medicine, cough syrups, and digestion aids—come with spoons, cups, oral droppers, or syringes designed to help consumers measure the proper dose. These “dosage delivery devices” usually have measurement markings on them—such as teaspoons (tsp), tablespoons (tbsp), or milliliters (mL).
But the markings aren’t always clear or consistent with the directions on the medicine’s package. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received numerous reports of accidental overdoses—especially in young children—that were attributed, in part, to the use of dosage delivery devices that were unclear or incompatible with the medicine’s labeled directions for use.
Parents and caregivers can do their part, too, to avoid giving too much or too little of an over-the-counter medicine. Here are 10 tips:
- Always follow the directions on the Drug Facts label of your medicine. Read the label every time before you give the medicine.
- Know the “active ingredient” in the medicine. This is what makes the medicine work and it is always listed at the top of the Drug Facts label. Many medicines used to treat different symptoms have the same active ingredient. So if you’re treating a cold and a headache with two different medicines but both have the same active ingredient, you could be giving two times the normal dose. If you’re confused, check with a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
- Give the right medicine, in the right amount. Medicines with the same brand name can be sold in different strengths, such as infant, children, and adult formulas. The dose and directions also vary for children of different ages or weights. Always use the right strength and follow the directions exactly. Never use more medicine than directed unless your doctor tells you to do so.
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse to find out what mixes well and what doesn’t. Medicines, vitamins, supplements, foods, and beverages aren’t always compatible.
- Use the dosage delivery device that comes with the medicine, such as a dropper or a dosing cup. A different device, or a kitchen spoon, could hold the wrong amount of medicine. And never drink liquid medicine from the bottle.
- Know the difference between a tablespoon (tbsp) and a teaspoon (tsp). A tablespoon holds three times as much medicine as a teaspoon. On measuring tools, a teaspoon (tsp) is equal to “5 mL.”
- Know your child’s weight. Dosage amounts for some medicines are based on weight. Never guess how much to give your child or try to figure it out from the adult dose instructions. If a dose is not listed for your child’s weight, call your health care professional.
- Prevent a poison emergency by always using a child-resistant cap. Relock the cap after each use. Be especially careful with any medicines that contain iron; they are the leading cause of poisoning deaths in young children.
- Store all medicines in a safe place. Some are tasty, colorful, and many can be chewed. Kids may think they’re candy. Store all medicines and vitamins out of your child’s (and your pet’s) sight and reach. If your child takes too much, call the Poison Center Hotline at 800-222-1222 (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or call 9-1-1.
- Check the medicine three times before using. For any medicine, it is always good practice to first, check the outside packaging for such things as cuts, slices, or tears. Second, once you’re at home, check the label on the inside package to be sure you have the right medicine and that the lid and seal are not broken. Third, check the color, shape, size, and smell. If you notice anything unusual, talk to a pharmacist or other health care professional before using.